To provide a voice and visibility in Savannah for Unitarian Universalism, and community nonprofits, organizations, events, and projects that align with Unitarian Universalist values.
Our vision for UU Savannah Soundings Radio is that the Savannah community will have a better understanding of Unitarian Universalism and its values—and will have the opportunity to experience those values through our radio programming. We will ensure that local news, talent and organizations that don’t get enough airtime at commercial outlets have a home and visibility at the UU Savannah Soundings station. Finally, community members will be partners in the programming of the station to ensure that we are meeting local needs.
These are the values we will promote and affirm through our radio programming:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all; and
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
A little bit about programming:
UU Savannah Soundings radio will focus on celebrating Savannah’s creative depth and diversity, and providing programming to unserved or underserved community groups. Secular and non-secular programs, music and talk, live and prerecorded content will all find a home at the station. A Programming Advisory Committee with members from both the UU church and larger community will recommend new programs. Any groups with program ideas in alignment with UU values are welcome to speak with us about airing on the station.